Happily Thinner After
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are 'high fat' foods

+3
Biz
cdn_cupcake
NeGaGal
7 posters

Go down

What are 'high fat' foods Empty What are 'high fat' foods

Post  NeGaGal Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:34 pm

OK... so I'm not the smartest bug on the plant... I'm doing a high fat day and I can't think of what healthy fats are. I've had cream cheese, homemade nut butter (no sugar, no additives), cocoa crack, macadamia nuts. What should I be eating??? It's 4:30 and I don't know what to eat the rest of the day. Here's the link to my FitDay: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJournals.html?Owner=NeGaGal

Thanks,
Karla

NeGaGal

Back to top Go down

What are 'high fat' foods Empty Re: What are 'high fat' foods

Post  cdn_cupcake Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:36 pm

No expert here, but I have the Broccoli Slaw recipe that biz posted (and she said its perfect for the HFE) and I know that the mock danish was good for the HFE. I'll send you an email right now with her recipes in it. Smile

cdn_cupcake

Back to top Go down

Post  Biz Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:58 pm

Get off the peanut butter and nuts, no those wont work for High Fat - concentrate on heavy cream, sour cream, butter, mayo.

Do some tuna with boiled eggs and mayo. Do some broccoli with butter and sour cream. Do some Chicken Ceaser Salad with HOME MADE dressing, tons of olive oil.

Does that help?

Biz

Biz

Back to top Go down

Post  NeGaGal Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Thanks Biz... yes that helps!

NeGaGal

Back to top Go down

Post  trudi Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:51 pm

question about the nut fats.. are they not fatty enough or are you suggesting to stay off because they tend to cause too many problems with people??

trudi

http://hcgjournal-trudi.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Biz Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:00 am

trudi wrote:question about the nut fats.. are they not fatty enough or are you suggesting to stay off because they tend to cause too many problems with people??

Nuts are WAY too risky for the HFE - as is CoCoCrack - if you insist on doing CoCoCrack, only the theraputic dose is allowed (3.5 tbsp) and you do NOT count the oil as part of your fat. I would rather you didn't do CoCoCrack on HF.

Biz

Back to top Go down

Post  NeGaGal Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:54 am

No CocoaCrack on HFE???? Aawww Biz... I suppose I'll just have to use heavy whipping cream and dark cocoa and made a mousse. Man.... What a girl will go through to have a great ass....

NeGaGal

Back to top Go down

Post  turtle Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:40 am

Biz wrote:Nuts are WAY too risky for the HFE - as is CoCoCrack - if you insist on doing CoCoCrack, only the theraputic dose is allowed (3.5 tbsp) and you do NOT count the oil as part of your fat. I would rather you didn't do CoCoCrack on HF.

Hi, Biz! Why can't we have Coconut Bark (AKA Crack) on the HFE? Unless I use at least 3 tbsp, I have a hard time getting my percentages right. Since most fats have a little bit of protein (heavy cream, sour cream, mayonnaise, etc) in them, I keep having to up my fat to compensate. So, having just the plain recipe (coconut oil, cocoa, vanilla and stevia), is the only way I can get my fat at 3.5 times my protein without adding more protein. Suggestions?

turtle

Back to top Go down

Post  Biz Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:54 am

tjudle wrote:Hi, Biz! Why can't we have Coconut Bark (AKA Crack) on the HFE? Unless I use at least 3 tbsp, I have a hard time getting my percentages right. Since most fats have a little bit of protein (heavy cream, sour cream, mayonnaise, etc) in them, I keep having to up my fat to compensate. So, having just the plain recipe (coconut oil, cocoa, vanilla and stevia), is the only way I can get my fat at 3.5 times my protein without adding more protein. Suggestions?

Since it's already been proven that the therapeutic dose of Coconut Oil does not count in your calories - in essence then you are NOT getting enough fat for this to work. There are PLENTY of ways to get the required fat in without CoCoCrack.

For example, 1 cup of heavy cream provides 88 grams of fat and only 5 protein, 7 carbs. If you start your FitDay with that, and then work your menu around that, you will have more than enough FAT for the day, no matter what your height. You can use 1/2 cup for coffee all day, and then you can use 1/2 cup for ZipLoc Ice Cream. Also, mayo is another great addition of fat without protein or carbs. I have personally used 1/2 cup on some days all during the day - the mayo I use (Dukes) - in 1/2 cup it provides 96 grams of fat. If you start your day with that, then you can easily work a menu around that.

Biz

Biz

Back to top Go down

What are 'high fat' foods Empty ZipLoc Ice Cream???

Post  NeGaGal Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:24 am

SHARE!!! What is ZipLoc Ice Cream? Should I require another correction day I'm very sure I want this as part of my day!

NeGaGal

Back to top Go down

Post  samiam0123 Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:41 pm

How about avocados? I use them to get my fat up. I make guac and dip in raw veggies or I add to a shake to thicken and boost the fat.

samiam0123

Back to top Go down

Post  Gonnabe Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:05 pm

ZIPLOC ICE CREAM

1 tablespoon artificial
sweetener
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
6 tablespoons Table Salt
3 cups Ice
1 Sandwich Sized Ziploc
Bag
1 Gallon Sized Ziploc Bag

How To Prepare: (No Ice Cream Maker Needed. It really Works,trust me!!)

In the sandwich sized ziploc, combine the sugar substitute, vanilla
extract and heavy cream. Seal the bag and shake lightly to mix ingredients.

In the gallon sized ziploc bag, add 3 cups of ice (or fill
half the bag with ice)and add 6 tablespoons of table salt.

Place the seal sandwich sized bag into the gallon
bag and seal the gallon bag. Shake the entire contents for at least 4 minutes (shake longer for harder ice cream).

Once desired hardness has been achieved, remove smaller baggies and rinse throughly with cold water (if you miss this step,
you may wind up with salty ice cream!)

Recipe makes about a 1/2 cup of ice cream.

I have doubled the recipe and it still works well. I am also sure that
you can add additional ingredients (cocoa powder, etc) to create different flavors of ice cream.

Gonnabe

Back to top Go down

Post  Biz Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:44 pm

Thanks for putting up the recipe for the ZipLoc ice cream and also, thanks for the guac reminder!

Biz

Biz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum