Happily Thinner After
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P3 People - Exercise???

+4
Kerry
skinny girl wants out
Pollyfae
NeGaGal
8 posters

Go down

P3 People - Exercise??? Empty P3 People - Exercise???

Post  NeGaGal Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:48 pm

Went to the doctor today; the one who started me on Releana. He is all about the exercise while on P3. Ran his little machine on me that measures your body percentages... His figures showed I'd lost 51 pounds and of that he says 40 lbs. is fat... a small part was extracellular fluid but the rest he says is muscle loss. That was sad... assuming his little machine is accurate. He was really pushing exercise now.

I'm OK with that... my only question is this: We all know that exercise (especially muscle building) will cause temporary weight gain due to fluid held in the tissues and that long term there could/would be weight gain as muscle mass is gained. Now if we are to always correct at 2 lbs. or more over LDW... how does that all work???

Thanks.

Karla

NeGaGal

Back to top Go down

P3 People - Exercise??? Empty Re: P3 People - Exercise???

Post  Pollyfae Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:54 pm

Good Question Karla. I have wondered the same thing myself. You have lost a LOT of fat girl!! Way to Go!!! cheers bounce
Pollyfae
Pollyfae

Back to top Go down

Post  skinny girl wants out Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:14 pm

I think the extra gain on P3 to build muscle would be worth trying!! Maybe Shawna will get on here soon -- she has been working out like the biggest loser workout on her P3 and she is ROCKING it!!!!! She has been below LIW almost the enitre time and she is in P4 now so she has been working out for over a month now!!
Hope this helps!!!!

Miss seeing everyones smiling faces!!!!! affraid
skinny girl wants out
skinny girl wants out

Back to top Go down

P3 People - Exercise??? Empty P3 Exercise

Post  Kerry Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:43 pm

More muscle is worth a temporary gain as muscle weighs more than fat but takes up less space. Measurements weekly will reassure that you are on the right track if the scale goes up a little. Muscle burns more calories once you build it and this is a good thing! It is better to have a smaller body that weighs a couple pounds more than a bigger body that is less on the scale.

That being said, anytime I have worked out in the past and ate right I lost weight. The gains show up more the closer to goal you are and those gains would be welcome if they are MUSCLE.

Kerry

Back to top Go down

P3 People - Exercise??? Empty MUSCLE GAIN DURING P3

Post  hcgkauai Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:48 pm

Dawn has it on her P3 TIPS AND TRICKS that exercising and building muscle, you can expect to gain 5 lbs and to allow that variance and not panic.

Last edited by hcgkauai on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:12 am; edited 2 times in total

hcgkauai

Back to top Go down

Post  NeGaGal Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:53 pm

Thanks, everyone. I'll have to read Dawn's P3 Tricks and Tips when I can. I really think I need to start working on tone... As I had written in my journal over the weekend, I had a co-worker x-ray my hips. You could see my saggy behind on the x-ray!!! OMG Shocked

I'm got some 'dancer' moves with a toning band that I think I'll begin with. That should 'hurt so good'! Razz

Karla

NeGaGal

Back to top Go down

Post  hcgkauai Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:59 pm

That's interesting regarding as I had also posted yesterday a client who is a physical trainer told me she noticed the girl who lost 40 lbs on HCG was very FLABBY. Now I need to tone up before she visits in APRIL...so she won't think all us HCG'ers are flabs. LOL

Last edited by hcgkauai on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total

hcgkauai

Back to top Go down

Post  NeGaGal Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:57 am

HK, I think I was flabby before and just didn't know it because the fat had the flab nicely covered!

NeGaGal

Back to top Go down

Post  hcgkauai Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:00 am

Lol...today I was at the bank and I have been a bit preoccupied by the whole flab thing too since my client brought it up, I was watching the girl helping me. She is so tall and thin, it's disgusting. And she had no muscle but also no flabl I was really curious to know her body fat percentage..lol..but I think she's just the natural thin type who doesn't even worry about those things.

What did your DR suggest in regards to the type of excercise?

WHat percentage of fat/muscle would have been ok to lose?

How much more muscle does he want you to put on?

hcgkauai

Back to top Go down

Post  Pollyfae Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:26 am

NeGaGal wrote:HK, I think I was flabby before and just didn't know it because the fat had the flab nicely covered!

LOL-- I resemble that remark!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHA Laughing
Pollyfae
Pollyfae

Back to top Go down

Post  Biz Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 am

Ok, I do not ever profess to know anything about exercise and the benefits, but something I read many moons ago I agree with totally:

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm

I believe this guy that flab is nothing but fat that hasn't disappeared yet.

Karla, you know I am totally paranoid, and I haven't appreciated your original Dr's association with HCG (believing he is just in it for the money), but I think he is taking you for a ride. In a convoluted way, losing 51 lbs I can imagine that some "muscle" would be lost as well only because how much muscle do you need on a smaller body, but I don't think it's a BAD thing. I think it is just a logical loss based on the fact that you have gotten smaller - you have shrunk - so the muscles might have shrunk as well.

I don't know how to explain it, but it makes sense in my head.

Biz

Biz

Back to top Go down

P3 People - Exercise??? Empty Muscle/Fat whatever...

Post  NeGaGal Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:56 am

Biz, the doc said that my loss was about 80% fat, "and that's typical". His little machine also measures loss of inter cellular fluid... so it doesn't mean that I lost 20% muscle... having said that... he does sort of 'think' in the traditional weight loss mode... He said stuff like, "You can't sustain these losses without exercise."

Well, Hello!!! I've been maintaining for 3 weeks without lifting a finger... or thigh...

Then there was the comment about 'maintenance'... He asked me if I was still on hcg and I told him no, 3rd week of maintenance. So then he starts talking about my 1,200 calorie diet. My what??? 1,200 calories??? I don't think so!

But, I'm sure exercise is good for me overall... keeps the joints loose! And I do think it would make my butt look better! I understand a good look rear end is important on cruises... tongue

NeGaGal

Back to top Go down

Post  Pollyfae Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:52 pm

NeGaGal wrote:Biz, the doc said that my loss was about 80% fat, "and that's typical". His little machine also measures loss of inter cellular fluid... so it doesn't mean that I lost 20% muscle... having said that... he does sort of 'think' in the traditional weight loss mode... He said stuff like, "You can't sustain these losses without exercise."

Well, Hello!!! I've been maintaining for 3 weeks without lifting a finger... or thigh...

Then there was the comment about 'maintenance'... He asked me if I was still on hcg and I told him no, 3rd week of maintenance. So then he starts talking about my 1,200 calorie diet. My what??? 1,200 calories??? I don't think so!

But, I'm sure exercise is good for me overall... keeps the joints loose! And I do think it would make my butt look better! I understand a good look rear end is important on cruises... tongue

We will STARVE to DEATH with only 1200 calories!!! Wink pig <----love the pig!!! Laughing We need at least 1800, IMHO. Plus more if we do exercise. I do think I will start some easy stuff in my next P3 just to help tone up the muscles I do have. I do not plan on breaking a sweat though. LOL
Yes, tight butts are important. Mine is so jiggly it feels like I am being followed everywhere I go!!! affraid
Pollyfae
Pollyfae

Back to top Go down

P3 People - Exercise??? Empty Nice tight butt...

Post  Leisa Jo Waller Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:45 am

Oh yes a nice tight little butt is mucho imprtanto on any cruise!!!!!!! I've seen the evidence! And trust me it was worth seeing! Very Happy

Love LJ

Leisa Jo Waller

Back to top Go down

Post  skinny girl wants out Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:16 am

Leisa Jo Waller wrote:Oh yes a nice tight little butt is mucho imprtanto on any cruise!!!!!!! I've seen the evidence! And trust me it was worth seeing! Very Happy

Love LJ

Oh DO TELL!!!!! ALL!!! Razz
skinny girl wants out
skinny girl wants out

Back to top Go down

Post  DebB Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:25 pm

Huh - I didn't think about weight gain when starting to exercise on P3. I'm up about 7 pounds and have been doing Pilates. I don't think it is what caused my gain though, or at least not most of it. It feels good to get back into the exercise swing of things...

And >ugh< I do have sagging skin this time (75# loss, with just a few more to go). I lost almost 100# Somersizing a few years back and didn't have the saggo problem. But it's not over 'til it's over. I've got 1 more round to go and I'm trusting in the HCG to take care of things in the end. *Ü*

DebB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum